Grade Appeals

Criteria for final grade determination and assignments are the prerogative of the instructor of record for all College courses. Therefore, only the primary instructor can change the final grade assigned to the student.

If a student does not accept the instructor’s explanation of the final grade determination, or contacting the instructor is no longer possible, the student should contact the Instructional Dean for the academic area for additional review.

If adequate resolution is not reached, the student is entitled to appeal a final grade to the Academic Review Committee. Students must submit their request in writing to the Vice President of Instructional Services. A formal meeting will then be scheduled to review the student’s case, review any pertinent documentation, and make an objective determination regarding the student’s final grade. After the review is completed, the Academic Review Committee will make a recommendation to the College President who will notify the student in writing of the College’s final decision.