Evaluation of Post Secondary Transfer Credits

Once all transcripts have arrived, a formal evaluation of transfer credit will take place as follows:

  • All credits awarded from regionally accredited schools will be evaluated for transfer.
  • Credits from non-regionally accredited institutions may be evaluated provided the student submits documentation of instructor credentials and a syllabus for each course.
  • All military training, experience, or coursework that is recognized by the American Council on Education (ACE) will be evaluated if the student provides IRSC with a transcript of that training or coursework. (6A-14.0302).
  • All evaluated courses will be added to the student's IRSC academic record.
  • Courses in which the student made an insufficient grade to earn transfer credit will be calculated in the cumulative grade point average.
  • Transfer courses that are not equivalent to IRSC courses will also be calculated in the cumulative grade point average though the courses do not count toward a degree or certificate.
  • Courses from any Health Science program will not automatically transfer even if a comparable course exists, however these will be calculated in the cumulative grade point average.
  • All credits attempted at IRSC, along with transfer credits from all other institutions attended, will be used to compute the student's cumulative grade point average.
  • All evaluated courses count toward a student's attempted hours for financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
  • Transfer Students with a last term below a 1.5 GPA will be admitted on an academic warning status. Students in this category should refer to the Academic Warning/Deficiency/Suspension section of this catalog.

Upon evaluation, a degree audit will be mailed to the student reflecting courses accepted toward an IRSC degree. IRSC accepts eligible credits of a grade of D or higher in all undergraduate courses. However, a grade of C is required for certain General Education courses and as a prerequisite for other courses. Please consult an IRSC Advisor for further clarification.