Catalog 2024 - 2025

Admissions - Transient Students

Students currently attending another college or university who want to take one or more courses at Indian River State College and transfer their credit back to their home institution may be admitted as a transient student. Transient students should be advised by their home institution regarding which courses to take at Indian River State College and determine if the student has satisfied the necessary course prerequisites.

Transient students who do not attend a Florida public institution must:

  1. Submit a Transient Student form from their home institution. The form must indicate that the student is in good academic standing and specify the course(s) in which the student is eligible to enroll at Indian River State College.
  2. Complete an IRSC Application for Admission at

IRSC students who want to take classes at private or out-of-state institutions must see an IRSC advisor to complete the Transient Student request form.